8/02/2006

 

The tie that binds

It's going to be a great day. At this time of year, I don't put my
shirt and tie on until I'm right across the street from the hospital
on my bicycle, and I remove them as soon as I leave hospital property
on my way home. This morning, my tie slipped out of my bike basket,
and I didn't notice that it was missing for two blocks, after which I
had to go back and retrace my steps (pedals) to pick it up from the
gutter.

It had been run over a couple of times, but it's a dark brown tie and
diagonal stripes (you may remember it from the second season
of "Barney Miller"), and the tire marks merge with the pattern so
well they can' be seen at all unless one scrutinizes closely and
intentionally.

That, for me, augurs well for the the day

Comments:
You are way overdue for posting new material..hopefully not about me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?